HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Guide: Offensive Teuton

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gauldeffer

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Guide: Offensive Teuton Empty
PostSubject: Guide: Offensive Teuton   Guide: Offensive Teuton I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:21 am

Welcome. Heres a guide for you all on the strategy of an offensive Teuton. This is not a step-by-step how to.. It’s more of strategy and tip guide.

Your first days:

Being a Teuton means you have chosen the offensive path. You plan to spill the blood of your enemies and gain loot while doing so. This is not to say you do not have defense.. but it will not be your strong point.

Week 1: Raid, raid, raid. Build Macemen and raid as fast and as hard as you can. Target lower population players and be very careful not to lose macemen. Your troops are your life. Either kill everyone in your 13x13 area or establish diplomatic relations. You CANNOT have any hostiles. It will not allow you to progress. At night, send your troops far away, only to return in the morning. When you have 150 macemen or when you feel comfortable, research paladins and scouts. DO NOT take axemen or spearmen, these are useless.

Since you are reading Week 1 some of you might require an overview of your troops..

Macemen: Your lifeblood for your first few weeks. Cheap, but low attack and worthless defense. Use these for raiding. They should ALWAYS be moving somewhere!

Spearmen: A good defensive unit. I recommend having 5-6k of these later in the server, but it is your choice.

Axemen: Useless in the beginning, but from 5 weeks to the end of the server you should be using these. They have great attack value and should replace your macemen to become the attacking army. Somewhat costly.

Scout: What you use to scout your enemies. Later in the server you should have atleast 3000 of these in a support village for scouting.

Paladins: Good for the first 2 weeks of raiding, then utterly useless. Horrible defenders, and somewhat costly for their use. I don’t recommend these AT ALL.

Teutonic Knights: Your lifeblood cavalry. Make these when you start mass producing Axemen. Keep a 3 to 1 ratio, Axemen to Teutonic Knight.

Siege: Keep some of this around. You should have plenty by the end of the server.

CROPPER STRATEGY:

Teutons need a good wheat source for their army. A 15 cropper is the best way to go, but a 9 cropper can work well if you don’t have a choice. It IS possible to use a regular capital village.. however I don’t recommend it. The highest I have ever gotten using a 6c normal village as my capital has been 54000 wheat production army. This is only average.

Your army:
A good army or “hammer” is needed to be a good teuton. Most good teutons by the end of the game have atleast 80000 crop usage in their army. This means that out of the total crop used to feed their army, It comes out to 80k. Better teutons have bigger crop usage army.

A hammer should look like this:
3 Axemen to 1 TK
Even number of catapults and rams.

Heres an example from my 3rd time playing teuton:
76000 Axemen level 20 blacksmith
27500 TK’s level 20 blacksmith
2300 Catapults level 20 blacksmith
2500 Rams
1 Hero.

A 15c capital will be needed for this.
Another example: This was my first time using Teutons. This was a 6c normal capital:
http://travilog.org.ua/en/2370998/8b896610aa613a72d13312fc8a44640f

What you do with your army is up to you. Kill an enemy, hit a world wonder. You choose!

A good teuton village setup should be aimed for like this, the minimum requirement is 10000 population. It is smart to go for 11000-14000:

1 Capital Village
8+ Feeder villages (Within 45 minutes merchant ride from capital)
1 Scout village
1 Spearmen village
Optional: 1 Off. Village
Optional: 2 Mace Village

As a teuton you should be settling your first few villages and conquering the rest. Always try to have 4-6 chiefs before you conquer. Trust me. If you need tips on conquering, post a question and I can describe the correct process. Most people do it wrong!

From here I will expand the guide based on questions. Lets hear some feedback!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guide: Offensive Teuton   Guide: Offensive Teuton I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:29 am

ty for guide
Back to top Go down
gauldeffer

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Guide: Offensive Teuton   Guide: Offensive Teuton I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:37 am

No problem Smile Let me know if you need another guide and Ill make one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide: Offensive Teuton   Guide: Offensive Teuton I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guide: Offensive Teuton
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Comx :: Guides/Questions-
Jump to: